Poetry Sunday: April Come She Will

I've had this earworm wriggling around in my subconscious all week. I'm going to try to expunge it by passing it on to you. So, here it is: My poem of the week, a song by Paul Simon. Here are the lyrics.

April Come She Will
by Paul Simon
April come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain
May she will stay
Resting in my arms again
June she'll change her tune
In restless walks she'll prowl the night
July she will fly
And give no warning to her flight
August die she must
The autumn winds blow chilly and cold
September I remember
A love once new has now grown old

And here, courtesy of YouTube, is a performance of them by Simon and Garfunkel.

Comments

  1. It's a beautiful song, as are so many of theirs. I have two Simon and Garfunkel posts scheduled during April, but I didn't think of posting this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were among my favorites back in the day. Well, they still are.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I have got the earworm now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review